Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Why lucid dreaming?

I have recently been thinking about why I spend so much time thinking about lucid dreaming, practicing techniques to become lucid in dreams, and in general hold the mastery of lucid dreaming as a main goal in my life right now.

On a superficial level, the ability to conscious experience and create wholly internal worlds is a great way to experience instant wish-fulfillment. From what I have read this is generally the most fairly common reason that people become interested in learning how to consciously experience their dreams. The prospect of realistically (or fantastically) doing anything, anywhere, with anybody is certainly tempting.

And it is definitely something that I enjoy and will continue to enjoy about lucid dreaming.

For me (and others interested in lucid dreaming), there are many other reasons that go beyond mere wish-fulfillment. Exploration of spiritual states and questions, generation of creative content, mastery and practice of waking life skills, and general mastery of the mind are among the other reasons that I am interested in mastering lucid dreaming.

No comments: